Each trip is a way to discover something new, escape from the gray everyday life, and relax. Not everyone likes the rest, which consists only of swimming in the hotel pool. If you want to feel like a real traveler, then feel free to go on an independent journey!
- Free travel has a number of advantages over buying a tour from a travel agency
- You have your own time, you can plan any route and see interesting sights
- Knowing the necessary Internet resources, you can perfectly save on tickets and accommodation
- The spirit of adventure is only felt in free travel when you are responsible for yourself and your trip.
- Going on an independent trip, you have more chances to immerse yourself in the culture of local residents and experience their way of life
- Free travel can be organized with a minimum of funds. But be prepared for extreme situations
10 tips for the solo traveler
In order for the trip to bring only pleasant emotions, you should use the following recommendations:
- Don’t skimp on insurance. In some countries, the prices for medical care for tourists are sky-high
- Check your documents. Take care of the required visa in time
- You need to buy tickets in advance to save money. This rule does not work sometimes and tickets are cheaper at the last minute But in this case, you risk not flying away at the right time.
- Decide on the route. Chaotic walks are, of course, great. But an approximate route plan must be drawn up
- Take a minimal first aid kit
- Don’t take too many things. The great thing about solo travel is that you are on the move all the time. Don’t burden yourself with extra suitcases
- Save money on an overnight stay with hostel services. Also, it’s a great way to meet fellow travel lovers.
- Download the apps you need to your phone: maps, translators, and travel guides
- Study essential phrases in the local language before traveling. When traveling free, knowledge of English is a must
- Don’t carry all your money in cash. Get a credit card with which you’ll withdraw funds in any country
Travel tips by car
If everything is more or less clear about traveling by your car, then let’s analyze such a method of travel as hitchhiking.
- Hiking is very popular in Central Europe and Russia. Less – in Asia, but in Arab countries, it is better not to use this method of transportation
- The main “clients” are truck drivers. They are happy to accompany travelers and chat with them along the way.
- It is not advisable to hitchhike in a large company. Maximum – 3 people
- Study road maps before setting off on your trip. It’s easier to stop cars on busy tracks
- When choosing a place to stop, pay attention to the side of the road and, in general, to the driver’s ability to stop.
- Be polite and respectful, do not respond with rudeness to rudeness. Sometimes it is better to miss several cars in order not to get into an unpleasant situation.
- Prepare for the fact that it is not always possible to quickly catch a car. Therefore, stock up on patience, water, and food.
- Be prepared to spend the night outside sometimes. Good if you have a tent and a sleeping bag
Experienced Adventurer’s Tips for Beginners
- Don’t be afraid of the locals. They will happily help better than guides and travel guides
- Eat local food. This is the only real way to get acquainted with the national cuisine
- Don’t buy souvenirs. The best souvenir is your memories and experiences
- Take the minimum of things. Mandatory of which: a warm jacket and pants, removable sneakers, a first aid kit, and drinking water. Optimal if you only have a backpack with you
- Have paper maps, travel guides, and phrasebooks. They will help you in case something happens to your phone.
- Have as many small bills and local currency as possible
- Keep the main amount on your bank card
- Always carry your passport with you. In some countries, the police can check documents on the street
- Before traveling, familiarize yourself with the laws and customs of the country you are traveling to
- Let go of fears and doubts. If you are attentive and soberly assessing the situation, then any trip will be safe.
Harmful travel tips
- Drive only the standard attractions. Why do you need to see and know something new?
- Never hang out with the locals! They are dangerous and eager to cheat you
- Your best bet is to join a boring group of tourists and follow them. It’s safer this way
- Take as many things as possible with you! Some airlines allow 2 suitcases
- Never walk the streets, better travel by expensive taxis
- Do not eat local food, otherwise, you will get poisoned
- Don’t tip. Even if it’s accepted
- Do not keep an eye on personal belongings. Let some scammer have a job
- Plan nothing, leave everything to chance
- Drink alcohol as often as possible. Especially in unfamiliar places. Especially if you have money and a passport with you
- Naturally, this comic advice should not be followed under any circumstances. Remember that the success of your trip depends on you. This is the beauty of independent travel.